Friday, April 20, 2007

Baby names...

Baby boom now!!

Cyn has her niece on the 19th of April.

I had mine on the 19th of March. (WHY DON'T WANT 24th?)

Another church member who moved back to Penang had his on the 17th of March.

Hmm... Then it comes to names. Well... It's VERY IMPORTANT that babies have good names cz trust me, I've got my fair share of teasing of my name often.

Don't choose weird-as-exotic names. Cz no one would HECK know how to pronounce them AND AND AND... You might get very, ahem, different meaning of that name.

My niece is called Leticia. NO OFFENSE but I'm not the biggest fan of it. Well, mum likes it so I didn't really wanted to burst her bubble and disrespect her.

BUT

I'm the worst aunt.

I would imagine saying this to the baby.

"Hey there LETTUCE!! How ya doing?"

My sis would kill me.

BUT (Yes, another BUT)

She would thank that her baby's surname is Chong, not Chai (her mum's maiden name).

Cz it would be Lettuce Chai! Geddit? No? *sad*

My name has evolved to be really fun. I had teacherS mispronouncing my name EVEN when I told them that it is not pronounced as EASTER but ASTher.

And my name is ALWAYS MISPELLED by friends. I forgive you guys anyway.

AND... It doesn't help when I studied Chemistry either 'coz I was getting paranoid with the teacher calling my name every few minutes.

Don't even get me started on my nicknames and I've got pretty rude ones. WHY????

LOL.

BUT, I still like my name. I'm not called Rose Garden, Boss, or anything else. It's a nice pwetty name and I like it. Hehehe... BUT I hated it when I was young, BEGGING my dad to change it cz some idiot called me easter, hamster, mouse AGAIN. Well, at least in NZ, they asked you to pronounce your name you wanted it to be pronounced. Hehehe... =) That's one sign I should consider to stay in NZ. Hmm...

1 comment:

yinyin said...

hahahah esther did i call u hamster b4? i dun think so right? so i'm not one of the bad guys..
:D