Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Admiration

Song of the moment: We wish you a merry Christmas (It's stuck in my head!!)

Ok. First--> STUPID INTERNET CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!

I lost my post cz it went crazy and wouldn't open to the window I wanted. STUPID. I spent HOURS (not literally speaking) on it. Hah!?! and it conked out on me. Nevermind. I've got the perseverence of a cockroach. (EeeEWww... Better find a normal one).

Yup. I was going and still am gonna introduce you to JOSHUA!
Actually we all call him Dong Dong rather than Joshua.
Dong Dong makes me wanna sing "dong ka long dong qiang dong qiang dong qiang", the CNY songs my gang (Pai Yien, Joo Ying, Khai Ling, Irving Yap) used to sing as kids and I lip-synched along cz my Chinese was practically non-existent, PLUS the fact that I didn't start speaking Chinese til 9? I speak Chinese (weirdly according to my China friends), read and write almost badly. Basic stuff yes, but not flowery kinda language like the sakura petals fall softly to the ground (WHICH is BAD cz I had to made it up. INSTANTANEOUSLY)

DISTRACTED...

Back to topic. Dong Dong!

He's hilarious.

5 thing you need to know about him:
  1. He's good at music
  2. He's fantastic at music
  3. He's wonderful at music
  4. He's marvelous at music
  5. He's superb at music

Uhmm... I found out another thing he's good at... HOW?? To cut a long story short, uhm... *skip*...*skip*...*skip* and we went for dinner at this real nice restaurant.It's real cool with the authentic Chinese feel towards it. All the furniture and stuff, paintings and deco. Real cool!! Weeell... Ming and Wendy (did I tell you guys that they were the one who brought us there?) ordered this fish. Actually they called it something else but the waitress (who was real... uhm... stern) wrote down Kungfu fish. WONDER WHY? why? Why??WHy???WHY???? Did they make the fish do kungfu before having it cooked so the meat is nice and supple? Is it like that? WHY is it called kungfu fish? WHY cannot call it other names? WHY??? (I love asking why, I once taught a small kid (1 years old) to say "why" and it's made his sister mad.)

Distracted again...

Back to topic. Dong Dong. The fish came first and it was in this real big bowl of BOWL lah and it can put like at least 15 goldfishes (plural of goldfish? correct or not?) and the goldfishes can rent it out to a few more goldfishes as well. Weeeelll... MAN. OMG. The fish was practically SWIMMING (literally) in chillies, and with a thick goo of chilli oil on top of it. It was man, hot! Hot as in hot not hot in hot. I'm being annoying here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

SWIMMING in chillies... Presenting KUNGFU FISH!!!!!!

A must when u eat out, take photo with the food.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anti-clockwise: Dong Dong, me, Ming and Wendy.

That fish was actually only small hot (direct translation lah u dorks) and I couldn't bear eating it for more than 3 small bowls. AS in SMALL bowls. Man, I'm lousy. Dong Dong, on the other hand, is my HERO!! my ROLE MODEL!!!!! I admire, pei fu (OMG. I'm running out of words here) *ask my brother for translation to foochow and malay* fui fu, kagum. OH O... What's admire in Hokkien? *ask Wee Kiet* pui ock, pui fu. He practically drank the soup MINUS the chilli, PLUS the oil like water. It's like hot, numb. Numbingly hot? Hahahaaha... Hiak hiak hiak. My mouth was like tasteless for 10 minutes after drinking the damn soup and it wouldn't go back to normal for uhm... 2 hours.

Ok Dong (kuasa dua), I will repeat myself. I admire (English), pei fu (Chinese), kagum (BM), fui fu (Foochow), pui fu (Cantonese), pui ock (Hokkien), bewonder (Dutch), admirez (French), bewundern Sie (German), θαυμάστε (Greek), ammiri (Italian), 賞賛しなさい (Japanese), 경탄하십시오 (Korean), восшхитите (Russian) and beundra (Swedish) you.

p.s. I'm not sure if all the translation are correct. Dun blame me lah. Online translator de...

Photos taken off cz of request. Won't ask why lah unless you wanna give any reason?

No comments: