Sunday, February 27, 2005

School's starting soon... Hmm... Time do fly at weird times...

Sometimes I feel that I've been here for... forever, but in reality I've only been here less than two months. However I do feel that time really flies... Weeks have past and I'm already into my fifth week of schooling. Assignments are going to be due in soon and lots of important tests coming up.

Had another great weekend again. Went to the Lantern Festival at Albert Park. The park's quite close to my home, around 10 to 15 minutes walk. It's held at the end of the Chinese New Year, "Chap Goh Mei". Lots of food and stalls are set up there... Quite a bit like our Kuching Festival except it's on a smaller scale and has more nationalities selling food and stuffs. Food... Hmm... I never knew that our famous "satay" costs 3 for NZ$5 here... Tat's around RM15. One little stick costs RM5??!! I rather go hungry than eat it here. Laksa on the other hand costs NZ$7 or should I say RM21??!!! plus it's not in a BIG, HUMONGOUS, LARGE, ENORMOUS bowl! It's in that small, round plastic container we use to sell Bubur Cha Cha and the bihun only fills a quater (1/4) of the depth of the container... That's outrageous!! Noticed that there are lots of Malaysian stalls, more than any other countries... Great business too!! Guess that us Malaysians are good businessmen and women.

Saturday was another busy day. Sent Vincent for his babysitting course(St John) in Henderson ( I think so...)Then went sight-seeing. Ended up in Muriwai beach, a great spot for surfing, fishing and boating... The waves are just magnificent... Crashing up against the rocks... It's also a great place to watch birds which is mostly gannets. They are quite smelly. We stood there looking at people fishing, surfing and also the birds, trying to guess whether they are dead or alive... Hahahaa... On the bird-watching platform we just got a panaromic view of the sea... We got back to our car at around 11.30am and had our lunch in the place they prepared. Decided to go window-shopping at Westcity which is quite near to Henderson. The shopping mall is just enormous!!! The style is a bit like Megamall in Kuala Lumpur... Endless shops on only two floors... Really tired after finish walking the whole mall (which I think we didn't really walked the whole mall)... HAhaha... I think that's all for now... Lazy to write more. Ciao guys and God bless you all!

No comments: