Tuesday, February 1, 2005

1st day at school... *-*

This is my first day at school, at least for international students. There were 15 of them... I think 6 of them are Japanese (3 of them on 3 months basis) and one Vietnamese and one Thai... With the exception of me... All the others are from China. So, there's lots of Chinese hanging around. I'll be studying Year 13 or Form 7 this year and only another Chinese is with me. The others would be studying Year 11 or Year 11. Lucky today my cousin went to school with me. She's an ex-student. At least I don't feel so lost. Today was really filling out forms and a bit of briefing. Tomorrow there will be a welcoming for new students (locals and international), a "powhiri" as they called in Maori. There was this English tests to test our English standards... I think I did ok in it... I've not made up my mind what subjects to take yet, at least I've not finalised it yet. Hope that I'll make new friends there and also fit in school. ^_^

No comments: