Sunday, February 20, 2005

A busy weekend... I mean really busy...

Had a great weekend, but a really busy one... First my aunt had a house-warming party. Nothing big, just for our relatives here in Auckland plus the pastor and his family... All together 28 plus the children. Before that there was this really BIG spring cleaning. I'm not really involved in it because I was in school the whole day, except for last minute cleaning up of my cousin's bedroom and cleaning up of the cooking utensils. Lots of stuffs to be done but my cousin, Melissa did a really great job of cooking. Bravo! It started quite early, the people here are quite punctual. Unlike Malaysian, 7pm means 8pm. Punctuality is not us Malaysian's strong points... It was my cousin Alicia's 11th birthday. She had an ice-cream cake and her mother also brought along two cheese cake. *yummy* I was really drooling for the cheese cakes... After dinner, the adults just sat around and talk, the children watching tv. One thing I miss is that the closeness I've felt (and do still) among friends and relatives back in Malaysia. They left around 8 here but if it was in Malaysia, I think they will only leave minimum, 10pm, maximum, even later... hahaha...

Saturday started off with us going for a picnic lunch at Shakespear Regional Park (I wonder why they name it that). The journey itself took 1 hour... Quite far but quite worth it... The park is near the beach so took time to walk at the beach. There were peacocks, sheeps and cows there plus a local chicken "pukekok"... I think that's how they spell it. We were back home by 4 but we were so tired and rested til 4.45 before leaving for church for worship practice. Then we walkied to Auckland Domain for the Starlight Symphony. It was really great with lots of performance of talented youths and also the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra. There were opera singers and surprisingly rock songs and the song "Lady Marmalade". The show of laser lights and fireworks are just so amazing!! The fireworks were set to the tempo of the song the orchestra was playing at that time.

Today started out with us practising for the worship service. Last night I couldn't use my because everytime I try to tune it, one of the strings will go out of pitch... Hai... I think I need to adjust the strings so that any strings will not touch any of them. We were in church by 12.30 and left only at 4... WOW! I think I'm not so into church activities back in Kuching... Haha... At least I know I spend my time wisely and also there's time for God too in my life... That's all for I think at least a week, depending on my "hardworkingness" and my mood...

No comments: