Wednesday, February 23, 2005

One Hectic Day...

My hectic day didn't start from the start of the day... It was right after school... Walked home at 2.55pm... Panting up the really really steep hill before reaching home. I know I've complained more than once but WHY are there so many STEEP hills here????? None is the best!! I had to go to the library for my history assignment plus I had to post some overdued letters. The post office is clearly more efficient than the Malaysian ones... They don't mind you asking questions and finding ways to save your money (eh hem future businessmen/women)... Hehe... I'm doing about the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920s of America. I thought it will be easy to look for reference in the Auckland Central Library but, but, BUT... I typed so many different keywords and only one came out with a reply... ONE!!! Imagine my frustration. What the...? After asking the librarian for the book (it was in the basement, which means that the librarians have to go to the basement to get it because it's an old book and need fragile handing [I made up the last bit...]) The friendly, nice librarian told me to come back in 10 minutes to get my book. So I decided to look around in the library's catalogue (it's online like our State Library except this library has probably a thousand more books than our library) for more references... Notch, nil, nadai... Nothing came out... Aww... Then I took a look at the history section... It was like... Where's the shelves for that?? Walked past English Literature, French Literature, Shakespear... Wow!! Then I found what I want... Managed to borrow some really heavy books back... Hai... Carried the books the whole way home and I was running, jogging and brisk walking so that I could get home in time. Had to climb one hill and ran because the pedestrian crossing was safe to cross... I was out of breath when I reached the other pedestrian crossing which was on the top of yet another steep hill... What a tedious task... HATE hills... I've made a promise to myself that I'll not walk in Kuching when I get back and would only drive... Hahaha... However, walking is good for health and I can keep fit at the same time... If only it wasn't so hard but what to do? No pain, no gain... Hahaha... Reached home in time, wanted to eat ice-cream and sushi but... NO TIME lar... (as we would say)... Thank goodness I reached home with breathe in me if not...

No comments: