Sunday, May 18, 2008

A passing in my family

I got the news at work yesterday. My grandmother had gone to be with the Lord.

People were asking me why I'm so strong?

I would say, my grandmother had lived a great life!

She loved God, she trusts Him. I think until the end, she was still praising God.

God's timing is always unexpected but what I think, is perfect.

She's been in and out of the hospital for quite some time already but God has chosen to lessen her sufferings and taken her to be with Him.

I cried in the staffroom when I called up my mum to ask her what had happened.

IF I were to be in Kuching, I would have cried bucketfuls of tears...

I would miss her
Telling us grandchildren how studies are really important
We have to study hard to achieve
Retelling all her stories in China
Singing to her cats and dogs
Enjoying her food all the time
How great God has been

Even thought the past few years I've not been home as frequent as I could, I think of her all the time. Prayed for her good health and now, she's gone to a better place.

We are not very affectionate people by chance but, we all love you. We miss you very much. We will see you one day in heaven with grandfather too.

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about this Esther. May God bless your Grandma. I'm glad you are still so strong, and able to accept the fact so easily. cheer up!

pynk said...

Sorry to hear this..
Stay strong

*hugs*