Friday, April 15, 2005

Rides are really...

As you know I had my work experience this week for the first three days of the week. I didn't give much details. I'm into Early Childhood Education now and as you know, New Zealand is famous for it's Early Childhood Education. So I took the chance this term to work at a day-care centre. It's just next to my school and it's called Auckland Girls' Grammer School Day-Care Centre. (Not really creative right? Should be like Baby Geniuses or something like that.) It started out okay. It was kinda fun but I was a bit sad as the kids had no programme. They just played the whole day. Managed to make a few friends too... They were soooo cute... Brady, Oskar, Peter, Angelo, Annie, Sadie, Sophie... Awww... They were sooo cute. Missed them a lot when I went back to school.

After three days at the day care centre, I had a physics trip to an entertainment park. It's called Rainbow's End. Waa... When I heard of it, I went "WOW!! GREAT MAN!!!!!!!" Okay... I was thinking like sort of a Disneyland scale theme park. Enormous, fun, lots of rides... The trip was for us, Physics students, to know more about rotational inertia and also mechanics. Lots of things to learn. We were all given a protactor (enlarged one...), vertical accelerator (which apparently it's not functioning at all...) and also a workbook which was to be handed in the first Friday of the next term.

We reached Rainbow's End quite early, at 9.30am. However, it opens at 10am. Why are we there so early when the park is not open yet? So we waited in the hot sun (It may be autumn but it's still hot yet... juz with cold wind) for the park to open. I guess the staff "ko lien" us so they let us in earlier. We were all handed a timetable (What for... Who has ever heard of a theme park having timetables??? *my friend's opinion) and also a map which was practically useless as the park is not scaled down to it... Asking is always better than a map. It's not as big as we imagined... Infact quite small compared to the ones I've went to at Thailand and Indonesia.

I was feeling exhilerated. I've never had the guts to sit on something that goes up and turns round and round. However, with friends, that's another story. I knew I had to go... The first ride we planned was to go on the dodgems or should I say bumper cars? It was not opened yet so we went to another one. Then we heard screams... So... Curiousity got hold of us... So... We went towards the screams. It's the Power Surge... It goes round and round and also goes up... Yr sit will also turn round individually. Ok... That's not one of my fav rides, but who cares?? It's a brand new day so I should try a brand new thing. Went up... Still ok... Then went it started, one of my friend started screaming. I still kept my cool (ok... I closed my eyes really tight) until the chair I was sitting on turn round and round... OMIGOSH!!!!!! That scared the heck out of me. I started screaming on-n-off... I came down really shaken but still ok. My friends Xu, Yan Li and Koey never even screamed at all... They came down saying "That's not fun at all..." What the...? I was sooo... haiz... Then we went on to the Fear Fall which was similiar to the one like in Genting which is like falling 18 storeys down within 3 seconds. I was too shaken so I didn't go. My three "robot" friends went. Only Xu screamed all the way down. The other two was so indifferent. Xu was complaining that it's no fun going on rides with them. So she insisted that I go on every ride with her so someone will be screaming along with her. Anyway, she never screamed at all.

The next one was the roller-coaster. I have never been on one. There were few chances for me to go on but I didn't had the guts so... like that lah!! Xu insisted that I try it so, on I went. Ok... It started ok. Goes up really slowly then it speeds up. Then all I felt was round, up and upside down. At least twice for each... It's sooo scary!!!! When we got to the station, the staff asked if anyone wants to get out. Extraordinary... I was the only one who put up my hand. Chicken eh??! Xu was like "Esther, don't get out... Don't leave me here..." She said it too late... I got out. I was so woozy... Head was spinning round and round. They came down after the second time, saying "Aww... That's not scary at all..." Silently I guess they want those really really really twisty and turny, going round and round and round...

I had planned going onto the Pirate Ship but too quesy... So I just took the time for it to swing side to side 5 times. Headache was getting worse and also my stomach was groaning for food. I had not taken breakfast... Haha... However, we didn't eat after that particular ride. We went to watch a movie which lasted only 15 minutes with shaky chairs for special effects. That just made me even more sleepy and headachy... Hahaha... Anyway it was like a rocking motion so... sleep it off lo... Then went for lunch. As we had almost all the important rides finished, we took our sweet time eating lunch. The teachers past us at least 3 times... Hahahaa... Went off after lunch to the dodgems... I liked it the most except the part when someone crashes into me and my neck just snaps forward... It's really irritating and it contributes to my ever-growing headache...

One thing I found really weird was that another school was also there for their Physics trip. Epsom Girls' Grammar School. They are counted as the best girls' school and we came in second. So... Should be lots of anomosity between the two schools right? Why do they have to choose the same day as us?? Too much of a coincidence. It's easy to spot them, they wore school uniforms. We AGGS girls do not wear uniforms...

Went back at 2pm. The bus didn't took the highway back, instead choosing a road that goes up & down, turning here and there... O man... My excruciating headache... How am I going to get home like that? I'm walking for goodness sake. Ok... I did make it home and managed to go online for two hours and read two books... Hahahaha... Ok... Very long blog this time... Tired fingers... Hahahaah...

^______^

p.s. Rainbow's End stinks cz... It's expensive (Normal price: $45, student price: $20) and it's not
worth it getting in with only a few rides commentable...

No comments: