Thursday, March 10, 2005

~Mixed feelings~

This would be one of my worst days. As you should know... SPM results are out. I didn't do quite well as I expected... Terrible in fact... Why? Why? Why? Asking this why would not solve any. Got my results... IT'S HORRIBLE!! TERRIBLE!!! AN ABOMINATION!!!!!!! I've no idea why?? God's plans are really a mystery to me. Perhaps because I'm stuck here, He thought that I do not need good results.

This is the really bad end to my wonderful week. I had really tiring week... Got another detention again... I have NO IDEA why?? I think detentions have an affliation to me. I'm a perfect attendance student and detention usually comes in a form I never imagine. The first was through my Form teacher but... it was sorted out quickly. Then the second one, it didn't came through my teacher. I was waiting outside the class with my English students so that the junior form scurries out of our class... Then the Dean of International Students, Ms Sturme told me that I got a detention from her. I must have looked stupid because she then explained to me I didn't attend 2 of my classes. I looked blankly at her. She then asked me if my form teacher gave me my detention letter. Apparantly, no... Anyway sorted that quickly when I got it from my form teacher (whom I personally think shoulod retire, she looks 70+, HONEST!!)

Then got a really FANTASTIC NEWs... I had an internal assessment on Geography... Apparently less than 10 passed in my whole school (ok, around 80+ students take that subjcect) I thought to myself, "My oh my... I'm really dead now... How can I compete with those who took Geography since 5th Form? (I'm in 7th Form)" The day the teacher handed our test paper back... I was so nervous. The results are counted into my end of the year result. Me, a Malaysian that has never done Geography (well 4 the last 2 years) and here Geography is not about what plants grows anywhere, it's all about tourims. What caused it n bla bla bla...I was so blur when i did it. I practically wrote lots of crap for the teacher. Then on Wednesday, she showed those who passed the exams our marks. She was walking towards my table and the stupid person in front of me (Indian, I personally don't like them.They are not as fun as Malaysian Indians, not being bious) called her, asking things about the results. After like 10 hours... Ok... It's only less than5 minutes... Then she turned around and faced me. I thought she will be showing the marks to the person next to me, incidently a caucasian. She's so much better at Geography than me. Then my teacher called my name... Imagine how surprised I was!!!! She showed me my mark. I GOT A MERIT!!! I thought if I had passed, the most is an achieved mark, but I got higher than that... MERIT!!! Waahahhahahahaha... I'm going crazy. Almost couldn't believe my eyes... MERIT!! a big "M"!!! It's hard being an International student. I need at least merits n excellences to get into University... Well this is a good start here...

Bad news on Thursday. I was so nervous in school, couldn't concentrate. Got home and started calling and texting people... That's why my handphone ran out of credit AGAIN!!!!!! Anyway whn I got the news I was so shocked that I didn't know how to react... Should I be happy that I'm New Zealand and it's no use crying over spilled milk? Or should I break down? At last I did some of both... Weird huh?? Hence my title: Mixed feelings... It's really a big mixture... Congratulations to all my friends who did well in the SPM... Andy, don't worry... I'll "chia" you when I get back so long your girlfriend is ok with that... Do give me a list of results so there's a treat for all of those who did well and whom I know... Those who did badly, never mind. The future is in your hands, not in the hands of the result... Do well whatever you are doing or planning to do. You'll suceed if you have the right attitude and positive thinking! Siew Ching, Julianna and your gang... I heard from Miss Chee that you guys really did well... Straight A1s and straight As... It was cool knowing all of you!! Fun!! Ok... That's all for now... Ciao!! Do drop some comments...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nvm the Spm results is the past. Let Bygones be bygones. Congratz on the merit in GEOgraphy. you should Thank your GEo teacher at Kch. Mdm Choo right ?

-me ish teacher - said...

NO bo... Anyway there's nth to thank the teacher cz... there's nothing to do wif M'sian geography at all... Hehehe...