Saturday, September 2, 2006

How you know you are getting old....

I'm 19.

OLD in the sense of 5-7 years old children. BLOODY.

Age is such a sensitive topic in school. NEVER EVER TELL THE CHILDREN HOW OLD YOU ARE. If you are 16 or 20 or 40... To them, YOU ARE OLD.

They asked me (very innocent de...) "Esther, how old are you?"
p.s. FB school allows the students to call their teachers by their first names

Deciding against telling them exactly how old, I replied, "I'm born in 1987."

"WOW!! My grandma was born in that year... You are 80 years old?"

One face to describe.... (-____________-)"

So, I've decided to compile a list of "You're old" list:
  1. They talk about "Garfield 2" and you talk about "Underworld 2".
  2. They talk about "Jack and Josh" and all you know is Grey's Anatomy ended it's second season.
  3. You tell them you watched Swan Lake 3 and they tell you it's OLD.
  4. You don't even know the picture books they love. You only recognise Anastasia and they are even not interested in it.
  5. Ask them any fairy tales and they tell you, YOU ARE SO OUT OF DATE. It's only for little kids.
  6. They will tell you that you are OLD everyday you try to change their thinking that YOU ARE ONLY OLDER THAN THEM BY at least 12 years.
  7. You draw and scribble better than them.
  8. You are DEFINITELY a better speller and mathematician than them, even though they DO know division and multiplication... and you don't remember half of it.
  9. They tell you EVERYDAY that you are 80 years old when the subject of age comes up.
  10. They play computer games you have NO IDEA about at all.
  11. And you lose your voice JUST by reading story books aloud to them.

I really lost my voice. Oh my head... Man... I lost my voice. And to think that people used to tell me that the class was SOOOO MUCH quieter when I'm not in school.

STOP LAFFING!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

comparing with kids... of course you're older... do compare with someone older than you ... :P like me... :P