Monday, March 20, 2006

1st day of Practicum

It was kinda fun actually, getting to know my way around the school and also how it works.

I'm in a school which is rated a Decile 10 school. What that exactly means is that this school has enough funding from their Board of Trustees and parents. This also means that the school itself needs minimal funding from the government and that most of the children in that school would have come from quite good social backgrounds, perhaps from the middle-class and that their parents are wealthy enough to support the school whenever they need sufficient funding.

Needless to say, the school facilities are astounding. You don't get to see classrooms equipped with 4 computers each including one for the teacher. Hmmm... Plus all the equipment for a music class alone?? 8 iMac computers... GEEEZZ...
The children I'm observing are Year 8 students, meaning that they are 12 years old.

An intermediate school actually consists only of Year 7 & 8 students. 11 and 12 year old... I was kinda surprised cz i tote at this growing stage, the students would be big and tall but boy, was I wrong. Most of them looked like 7 o 8 year olds. There are some who have matured considerately but... not all are taller than me.

I did not do much today but I was observing them. I admire my associate teacher as she was a strict but funny teacher. She made the lesson fun yet educative. It was nothing and the class was well-behaved after my short year at high school which you would not want to know how Year 13 (17 o 18 year olds) behave in a class... DREADFUL!!!! Hahahahaa...

Try to post something funny on the blog when i get something from talking with the other student teachers with me...

No comments: