Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Try hard? Do your best?

A reliever told me this when it was the last day of school... Things do not really sink in for me until a day or two later so... Yeah... It means I'm really, really slow at things... *sigh*

Should we use the word "Try hard" when motivating children??

What she said was the word "try" and "hard" has problems. When we "try hard" and do not get the best of what we expected, wouldn't we be disappointed and give up because trying hard get us no further?

How about "Do your best"? I'm sure if they did their best and still fail, they kinda not get so let down... BECAUSE, as humans, we seldom do our best. There will be gaps to fill in... That's how she interpreted it. I think she has a point there...

So what should we do? Try hard? Or do our best??

Something to ponder about... What I do... However, constant reflection on things we do is good too... which I find really helpful in teaching...

p.s. Something unrelated... I finished a 30 episode HK drama in 2 days... Damn proud!

p.p.s. Managed to locked my sim card on sunday... *phew* Lucky managed to get it going before going to world or I can really faint!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teach them 加油 and use that.

Julie said...

lol...teach me how to unlock PUK code next time.. now i remembered that i forgot to reply to ur txt on Sunday.. sorry +_+